Tuesday, June 30, 2015

C-130 NP2000 Hamilton Sunstrand Propeller

     The Hamilton Sundtrand NP 2000 8 bladed composite propeller is used on some C-130s and E-2C Hawkeyes.  They are now available in 1/72, 1/48, and 1/32 in my shop Curtis Models on Shapeways.  I built a 1/72 C-130M-200 (Snow Aviation) stretched C-130 with 4 of these propellers.  They greatly enhance an already impressive model.

     Note: These are NOT the 6 bladed props which are currently used on the C-130J.  The 6 bladed props require longer nacelles with different engines and gearboxes.  These are 8 bladed props made by Hamilton Sundstrand & are a OEM retrofit to the older style E and H engine nacelles. I had very good results with the white strong and flexible plastic.

Here is a picture of a 1/72 propeller on a propeller cart:
 When I get a chance I will publish a build story for the whole model.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print this post