Wednesday, August 8, 2012

What's Next?


I always dread the start of school season.  I was not looking forward to a 47 mile daily commute behind school buses almost half of the way.  So I was delighted to find this year that the bus routes or schedules had changed.  I didn’t get behind a school bus the whole way!

Then the next day I got behind a logging truck.  Oh, well...  That won’t happen every day.  Then two days in a row – I got behind tractors!  A couple of days ago, I got behind a fork lift!  His tires were practically bouncing off the ground as he cranked it all the way up to 18 miles per hour!  I thought, ‘OK, what could possibly be worse than this?”  Well, this morning I got behind a tracked shovel doing 4 miles per hour!

I think I have identified a definite trend here.  As I project the trend into the future, I am simultaneously intrigued and concerned.  What could possibly be next?  I can only imagine that next Monday I will get behind a sled pulled by an old man with a walker!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print this post